Sunday 4 November 2012

October Empties

Share it Please
This post has been two months in the making! I don't particularly use up many products in a month so I figured that I started this blog (again) exactly two months ago, so that was a good point to write this piece.

The only thing is, a lot of these products are samples, so there are a lot of different things! I'm going to do lots of categories so, warning! This will be photo heavy!

Another note: As these are mostly samples, would I repurchase can also be, would I purchase?.

Body Moisturisers


3 x  Sachets - Nivea Pure & Natural Body Lotion - Normal to Dry Skin
I really liked this body lotion, although I was disappointed that the sample only managed to do my lower legs and knees! It took longer to sink in, so maybe it would be better for evenings. Would I repurchase? Yes, I'd be willing to try it properly! 

7 x Sachets - Garnier Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion - Dry to Extra Dry Skin
LOVED this moisturiser, it made my legs silky and soft. The Shea Butter smelt gorgeous. Would I repurchase? Yes, I already have done! REVIEW HERE.

Vaseline Essential Moisture Body Lotion
This is such a forgiving moisturiser. It smells lovely and sinks in so fast! Would I repurchase? Yes, it seems good value for money too. REVIEW HERE.


Face Moisturisers


5 x Sachets Nivea Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream - All skin types
I have never used a night cream before but woweee I will take them more seriously now. This smells fantastic and my face felt so nourished the next day! Would I repurchase? Yes, or a similar product!

2 x Sachets Nivea Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream - Normal to Combination Skin
I'm not that bothered by day/night creams as I just use my Dermalogica Active Moist twice a day. This is a nice moisturiser if you have time to let it sink in. It smells similar to the night cream which is good, but I'm not that fussed. Would I repurchase? No. As lovely as it is, I wouldn't rush out for it as my face doesn't need too much extra moisture.


Foot Products


Arbonne FC5 Cooling Foot Creme
It's a foot cream, there's not much to say. It didn't wow me extensively, after all for a fraction of the price I could smother my feet in Vaseline. REVIEW HERE Would I repurchase? No, it's a nice cream but it's just not quite for me.


 Bath Products



Bayliss & Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit Luxury Shower Creme
This shower creme is lovely. It smells so yummy, but it doesn't linger extensively all day which is fab. It does have glitter and shimmers in it, but once again, they don't stick to you so you can have luxury on a work day too! Would I repurchase? Not in the near future as it is a little bottle of many which I received for Christmas two years ago!


Face Cleansing Products


Superdrug Detoxifying Dead Sea Mineral Mask
I bought this randomly earlier this week as I felt that my skin could do with a wake up. Boy, did this do the job or what?! It promises, "a clearer, more vibrant complexion" and it certainly delivered that. I need to review this properly at some point.  Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes!

Montagne Jeunesse Deep Cleaning Nose Pore Strips
For £1.48, three nose pore strips is very good value. But maybe not for me. Attempt one: my nose was not wet enough, so 15 minutes later, I had a gluey nose and my blackheads wedged in further. Attempt two: applied fine and it got the teeny blockages out, but the big ones are still there. I have a third strip which I may try soon but I cannot see them magically working for me anytime soon sadly. Would I repurchase? No, not for myself anyway. These could work on boyfriend though.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Sample
This microfoliant is excellent. It is meant to be used after cleansing by being made into a paste and exfoliating, but I have always used it mixed into my cleanser. This way it still works but is gentle enough. REVIEW HERE. Would I repurchase? I have had full size of this before and it is worth the investment. If I have cash soon I will buy it.

Dermalogica Precleanse Sample
I have cottoned on to this oil craze now. This product is excellent for removing make up. You put it straight onto a dry, dirty face, rubbing it into congested areas. Then wet your hands and rub your face til it makes a white emulsion. Then rinse and cleanse as normal. Precleanse helps remove the worst of your make up and leaves your skin feeling like you've had a facial! LOVE IT! I also got two uses out of the sachet, including a Saturday night face of make up. Would I repurchase? Once I have got through all my samples of it, maybe!

Clearasil Cleanser Sample
To be honest, I have never been a fan of Clearasil but the way it got rid of my spots was excellent. It is a strong formula for my skin so I am always wary of it. REVIEW HERE. Would I repurchase? Debatable. Maybe a small bottle of one of their products would be good for my acne flare ups. I would be open to trying it then!


Make Up


Sachet of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector
I really enjoyed wearing this BB cream, especially because I got two or three days worth from the sachet! The coverage is good, even with my dark panda eyes. REVIEW HERE. Would I repurchase? Possibly, it might be a good alternative to moisturiser and foundation if I am in a rush, I can see that it would save me time and I could still be presentable! 


Hair Products



Travel/Sample size Batiste Dry Shampoo
I have always been very clear about how I do not like the idea of dry shampoo. I was very sceptical of it, thinking it would be a waste of time on my greasy hair. Unbelievably, I was actually disappointed when I finished the can. If my hair is greasy on day two, or is looking okay-ish on day three, then the dry shampoo really helps. REVIEW HERE. Would I repurchase? I am very tempted to buy some!

Pantene Pro-V 2min Deep Repair Masque for Normal to Thick hair
I have a lot of shampoo samples that need using. I figured that my hair needed some recovery; although this product is to repair damage from styling (I don't style!) I thought that I would give it a shot. This masque is amazing, it even brightened up my roots which need doing badly! A day later, my hair still feels soft! REVIEW HERE. Would I repurchase? I possibly would, I'm sure it would be cheaper than my preferred haircare brand.



Blimey, I said it would be a long post! Some of these products I still have to write reviews for too...I can see me being very busy!

Considering how long this has taken to write and prepare, I may try and make this post monthly. Maybe if I was more organised about it, then it would be easier? Either way, I really enjoy empties posts, reading them and writing them!



I wake up every evening, with a big smile on my faceAnd it never feels out of place.And you're still probably working, at a 9 to 5 paceI wonder how bad that tastes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I try to reply to them all!
Oh, and please follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Instagram! I usually end up following back! ;)

Followers

Blogroll

Follow The Author